Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get focus to change when using a scanner to enter into a field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor1

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2002
US
When I scan a barcode to a text box i want it to move to the next tab stop. The scanner is set to append a Carriage Return/Line Feed at the end of the scan.
I know the scanner is set up right because I can scan into a spreadsheet and the cursor advances to the next field.

Scan lengths can be different so I can not base moving the cursor on the length of the field..

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Razor1

You shouldn't rely on Spreadsheets to help determine the functionality of a Textbox. A good program to test barcode scanning is Notepad.

If you need to advance to the next Tab Stop, Carriage Return/Line Feed is not going to do it. A TAB is required. You will need to reconfigure to append a TAB rather than the Carriage Return/Line Feed. You could get away with it - IF your app is listening for the Carriage Return/Line Feed and process the action when it detects it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back