Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get CFserver 4.5 up & running

Status
Not open for further replies.

jd77

Programmer
Jan 2, 2001
US
I have installed CF server 4.5 on a Windows 2000 prof system using the IIs server. The installation goes without a hitch, but when I try to test the installation or go to the admin screen I get a "page cannot be found error." It acts just like the cfm page does not exist. This happens any time I try to access a .cfm page.

I can view "standard" html pages just fine. I have confirmed that IIs is setup to accept the cfm and dbm file mappings and I have confirmed that the coldfusion services are running. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. Any ideas?

One suggestion. Go into Control Panel/Administrator Tools and click on IIS Manager. Right-click on your website and choose "new/virtual directory (or folder)". Give it a name, which can be the same as the folder you are putting your cfm files into. Now click "add" (or okay or whatever) and browse to the folder when it asks for "path". Now check the permissions to allow "execute (including scripts)".

Now go back and try to load your files in a browser. John Hoarty
jhoarty@quickestore.com

Nope, still does not work. I'm not sure it is a permissions problem. Seems that IIs still is not calling the iscf.dll when it encounters a .cfm extension. Does anyone know if this type of activity is logged?

Okay,
I solved this one the old fashion way...
Uninstall/reinstall. Sure wish I knew what happened.

Oh, I should mention that I reinstalled IIs, Not Coldfusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back