Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't get Ascom i75 handset to register

Status
Not open for further replies.

atascoman

Technical User
Oct 10, 2003
US
I have one of these I am trying to register as a SIP endpoint. The display is showing No Access. I am on the wifi network and getting an IP on the phone.

I have verified that the SIP registration for the user account works by using one of the freeware X-Lite softphones. I;m guessing its an authentication issue, but so far I have not been able to determine the problem.

Ascom's documentation does not state the need to enter the userID anywhere, but that doesn't make sense based on how I have gotten other SIP endpoint devices to register. They also have you remove the Virtual IP and code the phone to go straight to the SG switch.

All of that has been done. Anyone have any experience getting one of these to register?

I found the problems. First, the SIP registration request was not making it to the SG proxy switch. There was a firewall issue.

I also had to put my Shoretel user account ID in the endpoint ID field on the Ascom user details section instead of the extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back