Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find web site

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIG357

Programmer
Jun 29, 2000
US
I currently have two servers set up. Both running windows 2000 & IIS 5. One is my web server, and they both act as DNS servers for the web server. I have a web site setup on the web server, as the default web site. On both computers (each has a seperate IP address) I can hit the web site, no problem. However, on any other computer, I can find the site. When I type in the URL and go, the status bar says "connecting to site..." with the IP address of the web server, as it should. But it can't find the site. I have the site's properties set to use that IP address. I can do an nslookup on the domain name, and it comes back with the right IP. I also have exchange setup on the web server, and I can recieve email no problem. All this makes me pretty sure that it's not a DNS problem. Is there anything else in the IIS/web site properties setup that I might be missing? Thanks in advance

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back