Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find VBMAIL.VBP sample project

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyGroom

Programmer
May 23, 2001
GB
Can anyone point me to where to find the vbmail.vbp project mentioned in this article:

I can't find it on the VB6Pro CD and I don't have a Samples folder in my Visual Studio folder (but maybe I chose not to install sample applications - it's so long ago I can't remember!).

- Andy

I've got an email application which supports POP and IMAP, I was interested to see if it could connect to Exchange. Has MAPI been depracated in favour of something more up to date?

- Andy

MAPI has not been deprecated. Simple MAPI has been, though (CDO 1.2.1, which is what the MAPI controls wrap, has not shipped with any app or Windows OS for years). Sadly, most of Extended MAPI is not directly useable from VB6 (although it is if you get hold of the Redemption library, specifically the Redemption Data Objects, which are great)

Sounds intriguing, I'll download it and give it a whirl.

- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back