Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find the Service Pack level 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBruyet

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2001
US
Hey all, I just installed Service Pack 2 on my test Exchange Server (Win2k3 box) but I don't think the install worked. I've restarted the Exchange Server but still no joy (one reason I don't think the SP2 install worked is when creating mailboxes I'm still limited to one at a time). I've been Googling this and I keep getting sent to:

I know my build version. What I want to see is the Service Pack level. Am I missing something here? I would have thought this was a common request.

Thanks,

Joe B

According to KB158530, which is linked through the link that you provided, your Exchange build number should be 8.2.0176.002 which was released in August 2009. FYI, Service Pack 3 was released in June 2010.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Hi cmeagan656, I already had my build number but that link also helped me to see that my SP2 install did indeed fail (I'm still at 8.0.685.24 and SP2 should have moved me up to 8.2.0176.002). AND, I thought I was at SP2 on my production Exchange Server but it's only at SP1. Thanks for the link; I totally overlooked it. Here's a star for your help.

Thanks,

Joe B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back