Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Find/See the Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

swinny1710

Technical User
May 30, 2003
CA
I feel kinda dumb, but I'm trying to change my display settings, and am in a fix. I'm now at 848x640, and want to step it up one notch. Problem is I can't see the bottom of the dialogue box to prompt it to apply the new settings. How can I do that? I've tried moving the box around, but not enough space, and I've tried using "tab" to move between the buttons, but that doesn't work either. Please any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Cheers!

Swinny

Tab does move between the buttons.

Hold the Ctrl key and press the Tab key to move between the tabs.

Hold the Ctrl and Shift keys and press the Tab key to move back between the tabs.

AckNack

Thanks;
I found out that tab did work, my problem was that I forgot to make the resolution changes before tabbing to apply. Of course it simply closed. Funny how you don't think straight when you start getting anxious that things aren't working.
Thanks again.....now I know!!

Swinny

Here's another alternative for the future:

Alt+Spacebar, M (for move), then use the arrow keys.

I've found that this occurs on different windows. I usually go to "Start" - settings - "taskbar and start menu" and check "auto-hide". This hides the taskbar until you place your mouse pointer on it. You can leave it like this, or change it back by un-checking the box when you are done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back