Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find non-linked page

Status
Not open for further replies.

arturner

MIS
Sep 24, 2002
GB
Hi All,

My mate set up a website last summer with our university notes/night out pics etc on it, but neither of us can remember the name of the HTML page it was on. We registered a domain and the lad who looks after it is touring europe, so we can't even get into the ftp site to download all the pages!

I've tried using WinHTTrack to download our entire site but it only downloads the files that are linked from the main page, and we purposely didn't link it cos some of our work is on there that could be copied.

How the hell do I find it??

Is there some software I can use?

Thanks In advance.

Andy

Internet history, temp files, server logs (if you're behind a proxy or some sort).

Other than that, you're current situation is testament to the job you did of keeping the page(s) out of sight and non-linked.

You may have to wait for your buddy to come back from EU.

Hahaha we did a damned good job, it was nearly 4 years ago when we left uni so no history ;o(

5 month wait then hahaha

It was a random mixture of letters and numbers, even hypnosis won't bring it back.
;o)

Yeah I know, he's a mate and we haven't accessed it for years though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back