Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find my snap server

Status
Not open for further replies.

koriley

IS-IT--Management
Sep 5, 2007
Ok, I just took a new job and they had a snap server 2200 that the HDD had died a while back. I took a look inside, did some research and replaced the drives. I have used both Snap Server Manager and Snap assist and neither application can find the device on the network. So I yield to you guys and girls in trying to find a solution for finding my device.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

The SnapServer 2200 OS runs in flash so changing the hard drives should not make the server unresponsive. However, if SnapAssist and SnapServer Manager can not find the SnapServer sounds like there might be a bigger issue on hand. Have you contacted support to see if the server is still under a maintenance contract?

Lets see, if DHCP is configured on the network have you looked at the DHCP server to see if there is a lease being used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back