Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find macro "."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paleo

Technical User
Jul 21, 2001
US
Please Help,
I have been working on a cool program using Access and it worked fine last night. Today when i went to work on it again, (doing nothing to it other than opening the form), I get an error that says it "Can't find macro ".""
??? first of all, I am not using any macros in my application. Secondly, a period (.) is not even an allowable macro name. What could have cause this problem. It happens right away when i launch the form...As if it's part of the "OPEN" event. I checked and nothing there. any help or experiences similar would be great.
oh yeah, I did try to Compact and repair the database with no apparent effect on the application.
thanks again
Thanks, Doug

Doug,

That sounds weird, how did you start the database? Did you use the wizard to create the database, because sometimes it automatically creates code to start out the database. If the database isn't too big, you could email it to my an I could probably take a look at it and try to help you out.

Paul ::) Chaos, Disorder, my work here is done!

Check event properties of the form And controls to see if something got typed in accidentally. On Open, On Activate, Got Focus, On Current, On Enter are a few I can think of that would run right away. You did say when you opened a Form, right?

Hi , thanks for responding... The database is pretty large, 3-4 mega bytes. E-mailing would not be a great idea but I really want to thank you for the offer.
I created the form without the aid of any wizards.
and
I did check all the event properties for this form and controls. I thought that perhaps the (.) was typed by accident also. however it apears to be clean.
Any other Ideas. ?

thanks again for responding

Go ahead and send it to me Paleo. I can take a look at it.

:-I Chaos, Disorder, my work here is done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back