Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find lost folders in nwrecover

Status
Not open for further replies.

hjagpal

MIS
May 14, 2007
US
We had an incident were some of the folders were moved accidentally. I was told that I can find out using nwrecover on when these folders were moved. How do I go about doing so? We run incrementals everyday and I did a search on one particular folder using the nwrecover gui but it couldn't find the folder.

Also, some of the folders were already recovered but If I go to nwrecover(gui) and select a browse time, I don't see the folders that were recovered. Any ideas? Thanks.

You basically can change the browse time to an earlier timestamp and check whether the files/folders did exist at that point-in-time.

Worst case, you can read the full CFI for that client and search for a certain string by running:
nsrinfo clientname | grep string

However, if there is no hit, then the names have already been deleted from the CFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back