Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant find Domain Controller for one of our users

Status
Not open for further replies.

TechnicalChris

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2003
NZ
Hi all,

i havent seen this problem first hand but one of our small subsidery networks is running a NT Server 4, and Workstation.

The problem is that everyone can log into the workstation and do everything fine, but its just the 1 user that logs onto the workstation recieves a message that it cant find the domain controller!? apart from deleting the users profile on that workstation and recreating it, might fix the problem. Is there anything else? it appears to be a minor problem and this user can log onto any computer just fine.

im open to any suggestions??

Thanks!
Chris.

This is by the way.

New Computer
Refresh install of NT4
User Account hasnt been tapered with.

All other user accounts work fine.

Hi,

Have had the same problem now and again when setting up networks and the only solution I came across was more or less as you suggested.

I deleted the user account from user manager, re-created it with associated profile/home directory paths. Re-set permissions and it was fine.

Never really found out the exact problem.

Regards and if you do find out the cause please give me a shout.

Molenski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back