Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't find DLL when debugging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meleagant

Programmer
Aug 31, 2001
US
Hope this is the right place. VB 2010 building a cmd line app which references a couple of external DLLs. My solution is on the file server not on my local machine. I used to get that "Location is not trusted" message when opening the solution, but I must have hit the Ignore button b/c I don't get that any more.

Problem is when I Run (Debug) my application I always get an error message that:

Code:
Could not load file or assembly 'ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib, Version=0.84.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1b03e6acf1164f73' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

If I copy my solution to my local hard drive, open it and then debug it, it works fine. I've thought it might be related to that Trusted Location issue and I tried this MSDN article but it didn't work.

Can anyone help on this one?

* Sine scientia ars nihil est
* Respondeat superior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back