Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't figure out this Crystal Reports issue - totalling..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessebo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2001
US
THis is a weird one that I can't figure out. I have 8000 detail records in this report and here is the data in each detail record:

Jan Feb Mar Total Units
3 6 25 Not Printing Total
4 7 12 23

For some reason the first record does not print the Total Units value and the remaining 8000 do. All the total is is a formula that adds up the other variables to its left...

ANy help would be appreciated..

Bessebo

You should post your formulas if you have a formula question, and post the table design.

If you have fields called Jan, Feb, etc.

The formula should be simple:

{table.Jan} + {table.Feb} etc...

Perhaps your showing some totals, you've supplied too little info to take it beyond this.

-k

OK,
Here is the formula:

{Jan_CY_Units} +
{Feb_CY_Units} +
{Mar_CY_Units} +
{Apr_CY_Units} +
{May_CY_Units} +
{Jun_CY_Units} +
{Jul_CY_Units} +
{Aug_CY_Units} +
{Sep_CY_Units} +
{Oct_CY_Units} +
{Nov_CY_Units} +
{Dec_CY_Units}

I'm actually totalling a full year of units but I just showed 3 before just for simplicity sake. It is really straightforward. The very first detail line does not show the total but all subsequent detail lines show the total formula. It's bizarre..

month j f m a m j j a s o n d total

detail 1 2 7 8 2 4 5 6 12 10 11 8

detail 4 5 9 2 3 8 9 2 11 23 22 7 105

Bessebo

One or more columns are probably null.

Try setting File->Report Options->Convert null value to default.

This means that you will NOT be able to check for nulls though.

An alternative is to make sure that you do NOT have any nulls in each column using an isnull check.

-k

you were right. I figured it out earlier today. i did not have the first record initialized and it had nulls in there. that's why it did not total...

thanks,
bessebo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back