Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't figure out this black email window

Status
Not open for further replies.

longhornsk57

IS-IT--Management
Jan 16, 2014
US
Using Goldmine 6.5,

If I have have "Use HTML when creating new E-Mail" In sdvanced in Internet Preferences, the body of the email is white and I can see what I type, but the body does not show up on the receiver's end.

If I have it deselected, the body is black and I cannot see what I am typing, but it sends thru just fine.

Any way to fix this so it's white where i can see what I am typing and it sends fine?

See screen shots for examples.

Assuming you are using an older version of GoldMine, you must also use an older version of Internet Explorer like IE6.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- GoldMine Premium - The Definitive Guide
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

I don't understand what the browser has to do with it?

This all happens within Goldmine..

You don't have to understand what the browser has to do with it, you only have to understand that we know what we are talking about and that GoldMine relies heavily on Internet Explorer. In your case Internet Explorer 6 to be exact. If you don't want to upgrade GoldMine then don't upgrade the applications upon which GoldMine has a direct dependency. i.e. The Windows OS should be XP, the version of Office should be Office 2003 and before, Internet Explorer 6. Upgrade any of these and you will start losing GoldMine functionality. Upgrade them all together and you will be okay.

It is just that simple.

DJ Hunt

Thanks DJ,

I will downgrade IE and see if that fixes it.

Ok,

So I rolled back IE and the issue is still there.

Some more info:

Machine is Windows XP - SP3, it does not have Office anything, and now IE is on 6.

Now, I have another computer using Goldmine 6.5 (same version, same install) in my office. It is running Windows 7 64 bit, and the IE version on this is 11, with Office 2010. It works perfect with none of these issues...

Any more thoughts on something I need to add or change or delete?

Shot in the dark, but try updating your Video Drivers as that sometimes helps.

Alternatively, toss the machine out and get another Windows 7 system.

DJ Hunt

I'll see about drivers.

I wish I could, but the boss doesn't want to toss the P4 for the Haswells some of the rest of us are using, especially for a computer that is basically only being used for Goldmine and Email..

If you get any more bright ideas let me know, in the mean time I am just having the person using it copy / paste email messages in the body.

Oh that's silly. Just let them run GoldMine from any other system. Any other system. Why make their work unnecessarily hard.

DJ Hunt

That's probably what I'll end up doing.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back