Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Export - ASP.NET VS 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

hilfy

Oct 31, 2003
US
We have an application for viewing reports that is written in ASP.NET in VS 2005. Since I rebuilt the server recently, my users are unable to export reports from that application. I've reinstalled the merge modules, but that did not resolve the problem.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

-Dell

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi hilfy,

not sure if this helps but we had a similar problem when XP servicepack 3 was installed on client pc's running our application. We still had the option to export files but when the user tried to do this it failed. We found that we had to update the CRPE32.DLL that was situated in our program bin to version 8.5.3.979

Like i say, don't know if that helps at all but it something to look at while you twiddle your thumbs :)

Thanks Appollo, but this is running on a web server with Windows 2003. So, all of the Crystal infrastructure is on the web server. As long as the assemblies are in the GAC, they don't need to in the same folder as the application so installing the XI r2 version of the merge modules (that's the version of the assemblies that were used for this application) should have taken care of that.

Also, before I rebuilt the server I copied the application folder off to another server and then copied it back. None of the Crystal .dll files were in the application folder that worked on the original server.

Thanks though!

-Dell

I will take a look at it, but I don't think that's the issue.

A computer only does what you actually told it to do - not what you thought you told it to do.

Hi Dell,

what happens when your users attempt to export? Does the app hang/crash or do they simply not have the option to export from the report viewer any longer?

Regards,
Noel.

Nothing happens. No crash but no export either.

There have been no changes to the IE settings on the user workstations, so popups are allowed, etc. So that's not part of the issue either.

-Dell

I resolved the problem late yesterday. The install for the merge modules put them on the C drive, but the application and all of the reports are on the D drive. Uninstalling, clearing Crystal from the registry, and reinstalling to the D drive solved the problem.

Thanks for your help!

-Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back