Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't establish remote connection with VNC through Verizon DSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

klynx

Technical User
Nov 20, 2003
US
Hello,

I’m hoping someone can assist me. I’ll try to give you the particulars on my problem, but I have to admit upfront that I’m a little over my head.

General Info:

Server is running Windows XP and is connected to the internet (through a wireless router) via Optimum Online

TZO service ( is being used to provide a static IP address (via a sub-domain name) for server.

Client is running Windows 98 and connects to the internet via Verizon DSL.

Server is running VNC Server.

Client is running VNC Viewer.

Client machine starts VNC Viewer and enters server name (provided by and registered with TZO service) instead of an IP address. After about 30 seconds, I receive the error “Failed to Connect to Server”.

Have been successful establishing connection with VNC Server from other machines inside firewall. Also established connection from client outside firewall, but client was connected to the internet through same ISP as server (optimum online). Don't know if this is relevant.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back