Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't enter priv exec...

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangetimes

Technical User
Apr 13, 2002
GB
Hi

Dunna silly thing on new 2501. Changing flash image, told it to boot from boot rom, erased old one, now I cant get into priv exec to load new IOS from tftp. It goes

Router(boot)>en
%no password set
Router(boot)>

Tried the usual reboot and press break thing but it just goes back to Press RETURN to get started.

How do I get out of boot rom with no enable?

I had this issue just tonight. Turns out I had the console cable on the AUX port. Hope your issue is as simple.

-Lance

Hi,

Which operating system did you run the Ctrl+Break, this control break won't work if u have run from Win NT default hyperterminal(i am assuming u r trying to connect from Console port of router and your PC is running Win NT).

If it is NT try using a system with Win 95/ Win 98. The Ctrl brk will definitely work and u will end up with a prompt like this

rommon>
from this prompt u can change the config register settings.
or issue boot commands.

Hi

I should have posted back but I solved problem the next morning. (Problem occured on return from village pub...#-)
In the sober light of morning (after about an hour anyway) I did get round to checking and the console lead was indeed stuffed in the AUX port. (Sheepish look on face..)
Thanks anyway

Wayne

PS. Did get round to downloading Hyperterminal PE 6.3 (free 800k) from Hilgrave because of apparent problems sending break sequences from some OS versions if this can be of any use to people searching on this subject in the future, not that it was needed in the end. (You know when you're in the aux port because you see nothing on boot until 'Press RETURN to get started')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back