Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't Edit .swf Text...Alzheimers Sets In

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiggyRat

Technical User
Dec 17, 2006
US
[hope this is the correct forum]...

I have an .swf file that runs on the splash page of my web site

[ ]

I need to edit the text.

I'm not a stupid man...but it's been 4 years since I configured the thing; & I cannot remember how to do this for the life of me.

I open the .swf in Flash (Macromedia Flash MX Pro 2004)...& all that is visible is the first photo.

how do I get to the text...for editing ???

thanks,

Biggy Rat

oldnewbie...

sometold told me I can't edit the .swf...that I have to open the .fla...

...which I did...

but regardless...whether I'm in the .fla or the .swf, I'm not seeing anything relative to text in the library.

thanks,

BR

As I posted above, check in the Library under the Linkage column, you'll see 3 clips identified as textMove1, textMove2 and textMove3.

Double click on any of those movie clips to open it up.
For example if you open up textMove1, and you select frame 28 on layer 1, you'll see the text Welcome to MoonMix Studios... appear. if you double click on that text, a text2 graphic will appear, and if you double click that graphic again, you'll see a static textfield in which you can edit/replace the text.

If all fails, provide me with your .fla and the text changes you want, and for a small fee, I'll set it up for you.

You'll find an e-mail address by hitting my handle above this post.

Regards. CLICK HERE TO DONATE.

VISIT MY FORUM
TO GET YOUR OWN FREE WEBSITE HOSTING

oldnewbie...

no...thanks...I found out what was wrong...I didn't have the Library window activated, for some reason. Once I did that, everything was there, for editing.

So...here's the new site...[it was a subsite within moonjams, but I wanted it on it's own domain, which I set up w/ GoDaddy yesterday]:

[bear in mind it's in the very early stages of construction]

now...a few aesthetic questions:

1) are splash pages obsolete ???
2) is mine too busy ???
3) should I can the splash page & go right to the main page ???
4) if I did...take a look at the title block on the main page...the b & w graphic reading 'MoonMix Studios'.

is it possible to A) rescale the .swf on the splash page to that size...move it to the main page...& B) place that title block in it, so that it displays by itself in a fixed position for a few seconds before the rest of the flash graphics become dynamic ??? (thereby eliminating the splash page & moving the modified .swf to the main page.

would that look too busy ???

thanks,

BR

btw - reason I ask is...I'm worried that there's nothing on the splash page that jumps out at you as 'MoonMix Studios'...you almost have to go looking for it in the .swf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back