Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't edit a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

oystercracker

Technical User
Jun 11, 2001
US
It happened when I wan't looking but, before something got set, I could edit this form without trouble. Now, all its buttons work and it displays debug message boxes (on open & on activate) which say "AllowEdits = True". Which is a lie. Also no locks anywhere. The form in question gets opened by clicking a textbox control on the main form subform coded with a simple DoCmd.OpenForm "frmFormLetter".
I've tried everything within my limited abilities and this is driving me crazy. Any clue might start me on a new path because right now there is just heavy fog. Thanks, Katherine Davis

What error message are you getting (I assume the message boxes are for your debugging)?

Another thought - if the form based on a query? If so, can you open the query and update records? If not, the problem lies in the query.

Thank you, Nancy2. Just what I needed, a place to look that was right there all the time. I wasn't getting any error message, just not able to edit. The funny thing is that the query looked as though it worked. The correct record was retrieved. I removed two fields from a non-related table and everything is fine. I can get that data after the form opens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back