Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't draw a straight line after a Bezier curve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Djard

Technical User
Apr 7, 2007
US
When "Connect Segments" is selected for the Pen Tool in PSP X8, I can draw a Bezier curve; but then drawing straight lines becomes impossible. I played with all the settings, after which I was able to simply continue clicking to draw a straight. But I cannot replicate what I did to correct the problem. So there is a remedy. In the manual, the essential step is omitted. Can somebody lend me a hand and tell me how to draw a straight line with the Pen Tool after a drawing a Bezier curve?

I found a workaround:

After drawing a Bezier curve, right-click in any part of screen -> point to "Node Type" -> Line After. PSP will now permit drawing a straight, without adding an uncontrollable curve. The step must be repeated after each curve to continue adding nodes for straight lines. I regard this labor as a bug in the software.

Hello,
I also use PSP8 on a regular basis but have never come across this problem. I will try and emulate what you describe and let you know what happens.
Will get back to yuo asap.

I will eagerly wait to learn about your experience.

Will be able to give it some time at the end of this week when work has calmed down.

I can't seem to emulate what you did. Everything seems to be working okay as far as I can see. I have not used the pen tool a great deal though. When I have had rare but similar problems with other tools, I reload the program with the discs supplied, this then enables normal functioning.
Hope this may help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back