Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAN'T DOWNLOAD MAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

highway54

IS-IT--Management
Jun 25, 2001
PH
Sir,

Pls...help me !!! I have a problem downloading my mail to our mail server ....we use Alpha Linux 5.2 as our mail server.... and i use IMAP as my protocol...and more than ten email account on it...
And this error alyways comes out pls...help me as soon as possible....The error that comes out is
" An IMAP command did not complete successfully. Could not select the specified folder on the IMAP server.You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server.” And when I click on the details button there’s other a error message…
“Select failed: Can’t open INBOX (file /var/spool/mail/cecille):not in valid mailbox format

Pls…..somebody help me regarding this error we have a important mail on it ….and I need to download or backup that mail….what are the possible cause of this error…kindly guide us step by step….additional information to the error I also try to use a POP3 Protocol .. Authorizing error PLS..ENTER THE CORRECT USERNAME AND PASSWORD TO THE FOLLOWING SERVER…but I put the right username and password……waiting for the possible reply …

THANKS ……

If the most important thing is to just be able to read that e-mail, try logging in as cecille and open a shell terminal and type mail. This should open cecille's mailbox. If this doesn't work, you can always view /var/spool/mail/cecille with a text editor or viewer. It won't look pretty because all cecille's e-mail will be in that one file and to a text editor, that's all it is, a file. If you want to be able to get your mail using a mail client, you have to have your server setup for it. Qpopper is the most common pop3 server and is pretty easy to setup. After you set up the pop server, you need to configure your client to use your server (i.e. mail.yourdomain.com) and supply the user name and password setup for that user on the server. The account can be a regular user account on your server or a special account just for mail. Let me know how things turn out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back