Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't distribute files from SMS site server

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricky

MIS
Jun 28, 2000
GB
Hi. Following recent account problems I have noticed that s/ware distribution from my site server to clients allocated in it's site boundaries doesn't seem to be running. When I create & advertise a package and check under SYSTEM STATUS/ADVERTISEMENT STATUS the advertisment is present but has only listed the seconadry sites. All my previous packages have the primary site and the number of successful installs etc listed. When I check the status of the package it's clear that the secondary sites are receiving information that a new package has been created (I only targeted the primary site as a distribution point) but nothing appears to be happening on the primary. When I check offrmgr.log and distmgr.log there is an entry stating 'no action specified for this package'. On the server the local Logs stat that 'No CAP offer inbox is accessable or has been locked'. As far as I can tell neither of these is true.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back