Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant display man pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

soma1958

Programmer
Oct 10, 2002
AE
My system man help was fine but,as of a sudden I lost man pages display on my HP 10.20 server. I cant get any help through man command. I am getting blank response. How do I reconfigure the man pages and what are the steps please feed back urgent?

What error message(s) are you getting. Is your MANPATH set (echo $MANPATH)?

In addition to making sure your MANPATH is still set, you may have to do a catman to rebuild the whatis database, which you need to see the man pages.

I cant solve the problem with the catman Pleae explain more if there are steps to perform like any cleanup to do before or switches to include when performing such commands .

Thanks for your help

Can you post the result of an echo $MANPATH, please? I assume the man files are in the place they're supposed to be according to the MANPATH setting? If the problem is still urgent you should be able to find a web-based equivalent using Google whilst discovering where the problem is. HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back