Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't display data in textboxes "linked" to subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

suedemick

Programmer
Apr 29, 2002
US
Question: why won't my textboxes on the main report, with RecordSource =[SubReport]![Report].[Textbox]display the data when the subreport is invisible and/or cannot grow?

I have a report that was working just fine, drawing values calculated in textboxes on an invisible subreport and displaying the values on the main report. The subreport was invisible and could grow, but it did not grow (which is what I wanted). Now, something has changed, and the only way I can get the values to appear on the main report is to make the subreport visible, with a width of 0, but now it grows, which messes up the display of the report, creating large blank spaces.

If I make the subreport invisible and/or can grow = No, then the "linked" textboxes have Null values.

What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back