Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't display data in my query!

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcondes

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
I just created a query using 2 different tables and it worked fine. I have now a total of 5 tables and my data is not showing up when I run the query. Any ideas what may cause this?

Thanks a lot.

Marcondes,

You're not really giving us enough information to work with, but my guess is that you are "overconstraining" your query.

Remember that when you have five tables in a query, and they are ALL joined via "link" lines, then the only time a row of data will be returned by the query is when ALL of the tables meet their respective relationships to one another. If any one "link" between the tables fail, then the query will return no data.

If you want to "relax" the join criteria a bit, then double click on the join lines in the query, and select from the appropriate three "include" options.

Also check that your query "Criteria" is not overconstraining, and forcing one or more of the tables to return no records.

It sometimes helps to make a copy of a query, and in the copy, remove one of the tables at a time, and see if this helps identify the problem.

Hope that this helps,
Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back