Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't disable SATA RAID on ASUS K8U-X MB 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

shoricelu

Technical User
Oct 17, 2001
RO
I just bought a K8U-X ASUS mobo and wd 80Gb SATA HDD. I'm trying to disable SATA RAID in BIOS but found no option. I enter RAID setup but all options requires 2 HDDs. Is there any possibility to disable RAID on this mobo?
Thank you

If that mainboard is like my old P4S8X, it still needs to create an 'array' even if you are only using a single SATA drive with it. It does this to recognize SATA drives, which are not natively supported. If I'm way off let me know.

Tony

Does it still require two disks if you use JBOD as the array set up. Logically, if JBOD will turn any number of disks into one big disk, then it should work with one only

Does the BIOS 'see' the drive? My single SATA HDD shows up as a 'striped' volume. It is not partitioned. Look into the SCSI options in the BIOS, that's where my RAID config is hidden.

Tony

I did it. I just loaded RAID drivers and it's ok. Doesn't make sens for me to make a mobo with a RAID chipset without the possibility to avoid using it by disabling from BIOS.

Thank you very much for your valuable answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back