Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't detect remote disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon82

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
MY
Hi!

I am a newbie to SAN storage. Currently, I am using StorageTek disk library. I have created an array of RAID-5 disk using SANtricity. I have also carved the disk using LUN and assign each LUN to the host. I have no problem to access the assigned disks via SUN solaris host. However, I have problem in Windows 2000 Server computer.

In Windows 2000 Server, under "Manage" >> "System Tools" >> "Device Manager", I can see the assigned StorageTek disk. However, when i go under "Manage" >> "Storage" >> "Disk Management", I can't see the disk.

I am not sure what is the problem. Your guide and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Boon

It could be a problem of zoning at the switch. It might be currently configured so all the storage is configured for the Solaris systems.

A word of warning, both OS's should not see the same storage. The storage has to be devided up so the Windows systems does not see the storage used by the Solaris systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back