Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant detect modem!!! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

catport

Technical User
Jan 10, 2005
GB
Im working on an old pentium that runs on win95. After formatting the hardrive and reinstalling win95 the modem did not work. I looked at the physical modem and it has no name or serial number present so i cant find an appropriate driver. The only details I have from before the format are Intel HAM data Fax Voice#2_modem. Win95 cannot find the modem either. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this stupid modem up and running???? Im really starting to lose the plot!!!

well two imediate thoughts, (you may have done this already) one is in the CMOS of the system there is a "reset configuration data" or something simular, enable it so it forces the system to relook for devices, This may not help if a older ISA modem, on the other hand if a PCI it may, 2nd looking at the intel web site or I believe they have Lots of referances for Modems, video and other "drivers" that you can download,
as I had a simular problem with a older ISA 56K modem and I went to driverforum and found it.

I had a similar problem back in my modem days. I ended up throwing the modem away and buying a US Robotics modem. Forget HSP and other cheap modems. Make sure Plug & Play is set in the BIOS. If your spending a lot of time going nowhere, I would just buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back