Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't detect disk under Storage >> Disk Management in Win 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

boon82

Technical User
Mar 11, 2004
MY
Hi!

I am a newbie to SAN storage. Currently, I am using StorageTek disk library. I have created an array of RAID-5 disk using SANtricity. I have also carved the disk using LUN and assign each LUN to the host. I have no problem to access the assigned disks via SUN solaris host. However, I have problem in Windows 2000 Server computer.

In Windows 2000 Server, under "Manage" >> "System Tools" >> "Device Manager", I can see the assigned StorageTek disk. However, when i go under "Manage" >> "Storage" >> "Disk Management", I can't see the disk.

I am not sure what is the problem. Your guide and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Boon

Do you have Storage Partitioning Enabled on the Array? Its called SANShare Storage partitioning? Also you may have to reboot the Windows host.

Make sure you right click on the 'Disk Management' and select 'Rescan disks'. This can only occur after you have mapped the LUNs on the host to the LUNs on the STK system, depending on the HBA type you are using.

Mike in KC

Also make sure you have the correct host type set in Storage Partitioning. If its wrong you could have issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back