Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't deploy packages in SSIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juddy58

Technical User
Jan 21, 2003
AU
Hi, I’m currently in the process of learning SSIS and I’m having a few issues trying to deploy a package. I think its to do with my sql server installation but I’m a bit confused how to resolve it. Apologies if its more of a sql server issue:)

When I try to deploy a package I get the following message
Image1_hjx7tr.jpg

From searching online I think I need to access the integration services catalog under the management tab in ssms however its not appearing as an option.
Image2_f4tyku.jpg

If I try to connect to the Integration Services server via ssms I have the following issue (I can’t find the server).
Image3_ftcsan.jpg

This has made me think I need add the integration services component via the sql server setup file.
When I go into the sql server express 2016 setup there isn’t an option for Integration Services, am I missing something? Or is this not an option in SQL Server Express?
Image4_rzxyqo.jpg

I’ve been searching online and think I’ve confused myself due to different things I’ve read so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Justin

Standard Express doesnt have that option - you need the Express with advanced services

And using 2016 SP1 is the advisable way - and It is not integration services connection you use, but standard engine connection - SSISDB will be just another database on the list, and there will be other options on the left menu.

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Thanks Frederico, I'll download it this week at work and let you know how I go:)
Justin

To follow up on this as it may help others. I tried installing add on's with express but didn't have much luck. I ended up installing developer edition of sql server as a new instance and it includes the required functionality.
Thanks
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back