Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't deploy agents automaticly 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

erdal01

Technical User
Jan 23, 2009
NL
Hello people,

I have just installed Epo 4.0 and also created a new system group. On purpuse I haven't deployed the agenst manually on the client.
Now I want that the epo server installs the agents on the client machines automaticly.
I have created 2 client task:
mcafee deployment agent
update mcafee agent

however nothing happens and I also see no errors
it seems i am forgetting something?

can anyone help?

Hi erdal01

Any task created in EPO can only reach the target machine if the target machine has an agent installed on it which is communicating with EPO.

Therefore, in this case the tasks you have created are useless and would only be useful if you were upgrading a version e.g. you have agent 3.6.0 installed on the client PC and you check in agent 4.0 into EPO repository, therefore resulting in the existing client upgrading its agent via the deployment task.

In order to install an agent on client PC, this can only be done when initially adding the system into EPO or manually on the local PC, which can be overkill if you have several clients.

Another way of installing the agent is to select the machines in EPO by ticking the box next to the machine, and the buttons below the list of machines will become available. One of the buttons is something like "Install Agents" or "Deploy Agents". Follow the wizard by entering credentials and this will deploy the agent.

In order to automate the process when adding new systems (besides the systems you've already added) is to look into Active Directory synchronization. Click on the question mark symbol in the top right of EPO and this will open the Help file. Expand ePolicy Orchestrator and look for Active Directory Synchronization / Discovery in the options available.

Hope this helps.

McAfeeGeek

Thx a lot mate!!!!
It's more clear to me now.
At the moment we are testing the new epo server and are planning to deploy it on the whole network (700 clients).
Everything else is working except the automated installation, but that's also clear to me now.
Thank you for your effort.

regards,
Erdal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back