Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant delete 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithinoz

Technical User
Dec 21, 2005
AU
I can't delete a set of folders and subfolders in my app data>acronis folder. I have attached the various messages I receive.
Screen 1 is the list of folders
Screen 2 > 4 are the subsequent messages.
I tried rebooting in case there was some lock on the folders but it made no difference

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=bb99e74f-afce-450c-b144-56e301950b0e&file=km.jpg
First off - why are you trying to delete these folders? Normally you let Acronis manage itself.

Next, it could be a hard drive problem. You may want to find out what brand hard drive you have (via BIOS or Device Manager) and run the manufacturer's diagnostic utility.

Finally, if no HDD problem, you could try safe mode to delete the folder OR an old program called Killbox.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Probable cause, Acronis institutes 2 to 3 services. If you have those, disable them.

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
Popular Mechanics, 1949

Thanks. I stopped Acronis and the delete worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back