Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant delete as400 files from Windows 2k3 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghgmis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2008
US
Hello everyone,

We are currently having an issue with our as400/win network.

We have a remoteware server running on windows 2k3 that needs to be able to delete files on our as400(v4r4). It just gives us an error that says that "the file is in use by another person or program". We have checked and it is not. This system was upgraded to 2k3 from 2000 and it worked fine on 2000. We have checked security on both systems and they are set correctly. Any ideas?

Thanks

Michael

Is this an IBM server question? You might want to post in the Windows Server forum...

Burt

This is both IBM and Windows. I thought this forum would be more appropriate for this question.

Michael

this file,, is linked to an AS400 file on your Iseries?? If so,, I would assume that is has the correct security profile to delete the file on the AS400..And the delete on the As400 is not really a delete. There again I assume you know that.

By default, the IFS requires either all upper or all lower case passwords. Maybe Win2003 is mixing the case??? If that's the case, you'll need to adjust some sys vals and maybe security level. Sorry but I can't think of it right now.

Or an easier solution would be to mount the IFS as a user and manually enter the password as all lower case.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back