Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't DateDiff on returned values. array?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radonc

Programmer
Jan 16, 2002
US
I'm trying to find the duration of time between multiple returned records. I run a report on the Procedure.timestamp field, and it returns multiple records, each at different time intervals. I would like to find the difference between these individual timestamps but I can't create the right formula. Thanks to Ken Hamady :) and some of your posts :), I was able to successfully compute the duration of time between the earliest timestamp and the latest, but i just can't compute the duration between each returned record. Should I somehow dump the returned values into an array?

Use the Previous({field}) and/or next({field}) functions to pull values from consecutive fields and compare them in a formula, including a datediff calculation.

I hope this helps. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

big thanks dgillz! That worked perfectly, I knew it was something simple, i'm just not experienced yet. I might still need to use an array to build a nice chart, but i'll save that for later :)

thanks,
radonc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back