Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't create remote database - Stream does not support writing

Status
Not open for further replies.

haslamjd

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2007
US
Our ACT master database will not create any remote databases. It tells us: "Failed to create remote database. Stream does not support writing." When we try to create a remote database.

I have done all the repair and checking to see if the database is corrupted or not, and it is fine. We use ACT9 or 2007, and the server is on a SBS 2003 box. Our existing remote database was disabled by a third party tech, and now thinks it is a master database. We need to create a new remote database to restore the disabled remote database and allow synchronization to work again.

Any help appreciated.

Are you trying to create the remote database on the actual server and to a location also on the server... both need to be local patchs (not mapped)

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

I am trying to create a remote database from our master database that is on our server. I am saving the remote database in a file folder that the remote computer is able to access. Our issue is almost fixed. Tech support (after Iput down $300) identified the issue as an .NET 2.0 SP1 problem. WE removed the current .NET installation, rebooted, and installed the .NET 2.0 off the Sage ACT disk.

I could get a remote database now, but the new issue is that the tech had me import the old database into a new database, and we lost 397 records in the process. ARGGGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back