Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't create modeless dialog

Status
Not open for further replies.

BogdanRechi

Programmer
Jan 28, 2002
RO
A simple scenario:

MFC SDI application with a worker thread.
The worker sends once in 5 seconds a WM_USER+1 to mainframe; in response, the mainframe have to create a modeless dialog.

It works ok on debuggin' configuration but fails at the second attempt on release mode.

How should i fix this one?

"It works ok on debuggin' configuration but fails at the second attempt on release mode."

Be a little more specific with this quote...don't quite grasp what you are trying to say. Is it that the modless dialog is being created once just fine..but doesn't get created the second time after the next 5 sec?

Niky Williams
Lead Engineer
NTS Marketing, Inc.

The problem is now solved. It was about the correct definition of the method used to handle the user message.
I defined it as "void Method()" and it should have been defined like this: "void Method(WPARAM, LPARAM)".
About your doubts: the behaviour of the program was exactly how i described it (strange but true).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back