Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't create M3820 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytele

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
GB
Hello,

Could anybody tell me why I cannot create a 3820 phone on my Succession 3 system?

All our 3820's are programmed as 2616. The reason I ask is as ACD headset users are complaining that their customers cannot hear them. I have noticed a supplier saying a particular headset does NOT need an amp if connected to a 3820 but does on a 2616.

LD 20 denys any knowledge of 3820 when I try and create one..

Should/can I reprogram the phones as 3820's???

The type 3820 is nonexisting in LD 11, you have to use type 2616.

Yes. LD20/LD11 no 3820. I knew this, but any ideas why?? And does this have any effect on the need for a headset amplifier

You must programm a M3820 like an M2616.

This is because the M3820 type didn't exist on old switched/software that was created before the M3820 was introduced.

But Nortel also wanted to sell the M3820 series to people with old software, so they made the programming compatible with the M2616 programming.

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

plantronics has a compatability matrix on there web site

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I belive your level of software will enable certain functions and displays on the phone to work , we use the 3820 ( 2616 ) however we cant assign features on the buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back