Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't copy paste 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomson

Programmer
Mar 8, 2006
GB
I'm having a bit of a weird problem in Great Plains.
I can't get the right option to display in Great Plains when I right click. I can copy text from notepad into great plains, but I can't copy from great plains into anywhere else (including great plains). Also the copying that I tried was done using keyboard shortcuts and whenever I highlights text inside great plains and presses crtl+c, the text gets deleted instead of copy. The problem is just with Great Plains, everything else in my OS evironment works fine.

Any ideas???

We had some problems with copying from GP a while back. It just wouldn't copy (CTRL+C). It was limited to a single machine though, and we were in the middle of scheduled PC upgrades, so I just bumped that person up in the list and the new PC install fixed that - so that's probably not a help. Though it may be isolated to that user on the PC - so it could be a starting point.

I have noticed though, through GP right-clicking doesn't work. I think that is by design and no control has a context menu associated with it. Though it would make things much easier if they were there. (Feel free to let me know if I'm wrong here.)

We have this problem on two computers, only solution we found was, you could cut 'ctrl+x' and paste. then copy to your new location and back in the original as well.

You can use the Edit Menu to select Cut, Copy and Paste or the Ctrl-X, Ctrl-C & Ctrl-V shortcuts.

The main issue that I have seen when copying from Notepad is it will not work if you have included the carriage return at the end of the line when you copied or cut to the clipboard.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)

Any views contained within are my personal views and
not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
and confers no rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back