Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't copy & paste, move icons, move bookmarks under edit bookmarks??

Status
Not open for further replies.

egli

Technical User
Apr 2, 2002
CA
Other people seem to have had this problem (Windows 95 acting strange, Drag & Drop problems, etc), but I haven't seen a solution posted yet.
If I get a solution, I'll document it here!
It all started when I installed Windows 95 over a newer version of Windows 95. I have a Celeron m/b with 32 meg Ram & a 30gig HD, partitioned into 3 equal parts.
Now, I can't copy ("Cannot open the Clipboard") from Excel or paste ("there is not enough memory or disk space to complete the operation") in Word. I can't move the icons on the desktop by dragging them. I can create bookmarks, but can't relocate them by cutting to paste ("Not enough storage is available to process this command").
I do get the message "This document could not be registered...." when starting Word, but I'm hoping re-installing MS Office 97 when I get the disks back will take care of that problem.
Any HELP!!!!! would be greatly appreciated. Someone here must know the recovery for this problem.

Egli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back