Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can't consolidate companies to use in Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingsolo

IS-IT--Management
Feb 22, 2007
US
I am using MAS200 Client Server Edition 4.3.

I have three divisions for the same company set up as three separate companies in MAS200. This was the desire of the company who did not want equal access by all staff working on separate companies to one consolidated AP and AR. Previously, this was not a problem, but they are beginning to request reports which require the data be consolidated before selection criteria applied in Crystal Reports. Since I cannot do this in Crystal, I am turning to Access which I understand will do this for me.

My question is, I know how to use Access and merge data once it is populated, but I don't know how to set up all three companies to dynamically update my tables to one Database. Thanks in advance!

IMHO setting up the divisions that way was an extremely poor decision. Mgmt's insecurity about the security is needlessly adding additional overhead expense.

You can consolidate MAS 90 data in Access by setting up muliple Linked ODBC MAS 90 tables. The table names will have to use different names than the original table. If you create several pass through queries, the response time will be faster. The other option would be to setup multiple silent MAS 90 ODBC connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back