Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant connect with my conexant. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrissirhc

Programmer
May 20, 2000
GB
Hello I have a connexant RH56D/SP-PCI modem. I went to " and downloaded "V2.1.x.xxx (Rockwell HCF Internal PCI, for Win2000 ONLY)".

The drivers load up fine. Then I loaded AOL and I get no connection. SO... I thought fine its AOL not working. I setup a connection to phone my mobile. And... I get nothing, it says cannot get dial tone. So I say fair enough dial without dial tone and it doesn't do it. I'm picking up my phone and hearing a dial tone and even though a dialogue comes up saying dialing, its not dialing otherwise I would hear it from my phone.

Okay the wire is fine because it worked with another modem. The modem when you go to more info (or whatever the equivalent is in win2000) gives the info and therefore I assume the port opens. On the contrary I do not hear a clicking sound. But I do not hear one when getting more info either.

What other problems could I have. This is really frustrating and I'd appreciate any comments.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

It was query modem not more info and it comes up with all the details of the modem.

It keeps saying there is no dial tone!!! I don't know what is going on. Please help.

Cheers

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back