Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to VPN server

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdeinert

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
I need some help!

I've pretty much narrowed the problem down on the RAS server. I set up a new box, and did a fresh install of Windows 2000 server. I set up 2 network cards, and confirmed my connections to the internet and to the internal network. I pinged the public NIC from a looking glass several times to confirm. Then, I setup Routing and Remote Access and set up the server as a VPN server. When I pinged the server this time from the looking glass, no echo. I watched the connection icons with and without the RRAS Service started and noticed that when the Remote Access service is stopped, all outbound traffic to the WAN is directed through the public NIC. But, when the Remote Access service is running, all of the outbound traffic is routed through the internal network before it goes to the WAN. The public card becomes useless when the service is started. What can I do to get my VPN server up and running? Why is my data being routed weird? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back