Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cant connect to two different databases from crystal enterprise X1

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumguy

MIS
Feb 5, 2007
US
Enterprise throws an error 'incorrect logon parameters..' if I try to run a report that uses two different databases of the same server.

Main report pointing to a stored proc in one database and subreport pointing to a table in another database.
I am using ODBC connection to sql server.

I tried following senarios:

1)In report used ODBC connection "DSN1" for Main Report database "DB1" and ODBC connection "DSN2" for subreport database "DB2".
Set these two connections and databases thru "Use custom database logon..." option in enterprise.
THROWS ERROR!

2) In report used ODBC connection "DSN1" for Main Report database "DB1" and same ODBC connection "DSN1" for subreport database "DB2".
Set one connection and one database thru "Use custom database logon..." option in enterprise. No option to set the second database one the same connection.

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks

They connect to different databases, so you'll need different connections, and the Enterprise sserver needs them setup and available on it.

You shouldn't require cutom dataabase connections, just provide the user id and password under the database tab.

i suggest setting up Crystal Reports on the server for diagnosing these sorts of problems.

-k

Thanks for the comments.

But synapsevampire what do yu mean by 'Setting up Crystal Reports on the server'.?

Ofcourse crystal enterprise is on a server, and i am setting the report on this environment.
I am designing them on my local machine and loading in enterprise using save as option in designer.

@smmt2207: I have sufficient privelages.

Thanks

I meant install CR on the CE server as well for testing such things.

It shows more detailed error messages, just very handy to have available.

I'm guessing you didn't set up the ODBC connections on the server though, it needs access as well.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back