Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to network 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

OutGolfing

Technical User
Mar 5, 2007
US
I had to edit a user the other day on the server. Since then she can't connect to the network or get into the shared files folder. I think I need to change the name of her workstation. Am I right? If so what steps do I need to take to get her to be able to connect. Before I made the changes everything was alright. Any help would be great!

In theory, changing a user's name/email address in AD shouldnt affect their permissions. As for the workstation, I cant see how changing the computer name will help. If she needs local admin access on her computer you may want to check she still has, and then also check on the server to see if she still has the relevant permissions to what she needs(which she should have still). Also you can try logging her in on another PC too to see if she gets the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back