Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to any desktop or published app 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekbabe

Technical User
Jul 22, 2002
CA
I am running Citrix client ver 7.1, on Metaframe 1.8 for Windows 2000. When I try to connect to a publised app or desktop I get a window appearing that says "connection in progress". It appears for about 2 seconds then disappears, and nothing happens after that. No error messages and no connection. This just started happening. It doesn't matter if I'm going through program neighborhood or using an ICA file. All the apps I can't connect to today, I was able to use before. This is only happening to two or three users out of 100. I have removed the client (completely) and reinstalled, I have delete profiles off the workstations and the servers, all with no luck.

Any suggestions.

Make sure the user has write access on his workstation to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing\Store

If that does not help, check the event viewer on the server for licensing error entries.

Free citrixprinting support

Thanks xs4citrix
I checked and the user does have write access, but there are tons of licensing entries on the servers. Event ID: 213 "Replication of license information failed because the License Logging Service on server \\S1203101 could not be contacted." Everything else looks OK. Isn't this just for logging?

Had exact same issue and found solution (which works!!!!) shown below on another posting

Export this registry key from a machine that can connect, then open it on the machines that cannot connect.

Hkey_local_Machine\software\microsoft\MSlicensing\store

& bob's-your-uncle :)

That worked like a charm! Thank you NWHBSupport! And yes, bob is my uncle.

TB

Great stuff!
Only problem is now trying to figure out why it happened in the first place :)

Normally it's because a user doesn't have enough security rights to:-

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSLicensing

If you use RegEdt32 you can see the security settings for this and it's sub keys.

What you have done is copy a license from one PC to another.

Is this a form of piracy???????? ;-)

Cheers,
Carl.

Had thought so initially also, but as with "tekbabe" above the users all had permissions to the key.......and several users over a WAN simultaneously?
Assuming something dodgy is happening with our MSlicencing server..........just gotta figure out where to look now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back