Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect to a public address

Status
Not open for further replies.

meby

IS-IT--Management
Dec 1, 2003
I have a static IP route setup in my Cisco 2620 router. I can connect to the private address using pcAnywhere however when I try to connect to the public address (while on the private network) it errors out.

Can anyone shed some light on how to resolve this issue. Thanks

What's the message u r getting? Can u post it?

The pcAnywhere message says:

No connection

Unable to attach to specified device.

When I try to telnet into it it says:

Unable to connect to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx port 23

However, when I connect to the private address while on the network it works fine. It also connects if I try to connect with the public address when I'm at home.

On my 2620 router I experience the same problem. At the same time the computers with a dedicated IP address can access to the internet, meanwhile the computers with automatic ip address are locked out. I then restart the router and it will allow me to access it again and both automatic and dedicated addresses can access. I also have seen that the speed is affected. I assume that the router is missing some information. Anybody can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back