Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect network client drives 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITtechnician

Technical User
Apr 13, 2001
EU
Hello,
I'm running the ICA client from my station to have all the "NT" funtionalities.
From this "NT emulation", I start Netscape to access an Anonymous Web Published Application. When starting, this application should re-connect a network drive
I connected in my initial ICA client (Net Use X: \\Client\N$).
This feature was working well until I re-installed the Metaframe server (WTS/SP6 + Metaframe/SP2). Now, when I run the "Net use x: \\client\n$" command, I
(n: is a network drive)
receive this nice message : "System Error 55 - The specified network resource or device is no longer available".
The most strange is that I can perform that operation for a local drive (net use x: \\client\c$).
Does anybody know how to solve this issue ?
Thanks in advance.

Do you mean you cannot connect X: to \\server\n$ or to \\client\n$? If you mean server then its gotta be a rights issue with the hdden share not being available to you (assuming that N: is a valid physical drive letter), try allocating yourself Domain Admin or try it as Administrator. If it is client then does the N$ exist? If so then is there a difference between the userid that you are mapping now and the one used before (i.e. after the reinstall?).

Hi,

In a summary, this is what I do :

1. I start a NT emulation(citrix) from my PC;
At this time, I have a NT desktop emulation on my WTS with the following network
drives:
a: Diskette
c: Local Hardisk
n: Network drive

Additional Info : my %clientname% variable exists (when I type SET in a DOS box)
Clientname is my local PCname (from where I start my emulation)

2. from this NT emulation I start Netscape to access an Anonymous Web Published
Application;
I try net use p: \\client\c$ It works well;I have the local hard of my PC;
I try net use x: \\client\n$ ====> ERROR
System error 55 has occurred.
The specified network resource or device is no longer available.

Additional Info : my %clientname% variable environment DOES NOT EXIST in this
session... ?

The userID used before/after the installation is the same;
I tried with Admin rights, it's the same problem;

I appreciate your;
Have a nice week-end;

Unless I missed something, it does not work because N$ only exists on the server so \\client\n$ is never there.

The N: drive should be available to users as the N: drive but if you wanted it to be the X: drive then try:

net use x: \\servername\n$

Make sure the everyone group has access the root of the N: drive however this configuration is certainly insecure as you could imagine. you would be better cerating a share and assigning rights to the anonymous users to it.

N drive exists on my first WTS emulation
- this drive is mounted with a logonscript
net use n: \\servername\sharename

BUT this same N drive is not available when I start my published application from my previous WTS session (NET USE x: \\client\N$ or NET USE x: \\servername\N$)

this problem is present since I reinstalled the server;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back