Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can't connect my JVC GR-DVL9000 under Win XP Pro!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I've just upgraded to Win XP and tried to connect my DV-Camcorder device but Win XP just told me something about a AV/C Subunit and tried to install a driver who wasn't found on my system :-( No Application can "speak" with the camera. Is this a well-known issue or am I the only one with this problem? Is there a bugfix aviable? Thanks a lot folks!

Make sure you have the latest drivers, see if these sites help you out.

From FAQ at
Q. Can I use my JVC digital video camera with supplied JLIP Video Capture/Video Producer software and USB drivers on Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP?

A. Our first Digital Video Cameras supplied with JLIP Video Capture (to capture still images from tape to PC) , JLIP Video Producer (computer controlled editing between camera and video recorder) and Picture Navigator (still image transfer from cameras with memory card to PC) were supplied with software for Windows 3.1, 95 and 98. Some of the later versions of the this software worked with Windows ME but not Windows NT. There are now Web Sites where you can download newer versions of JLIP Video Capture, JLIP Video Producer as well as an update for Picture Navigator to work with Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The Web Site addresses are as follows:

and

The second Web Site contains a download version of Digital Photo Navigator, the new JLIP Video Capture as well as the Picture Navigator update.

There is also a compatibility list available on our Japanese Web Site which will tell you if your version of the supplied software will work under Windows XP. This Web Site also has information relating to using the USB drivers for some of our cameras on Windows XP. The Web Site address is:

As a final note, the USB drivers for our camera do not work with Windows NT and we currently have no plans to write USB drivers for Windows NT.

The Problem is not to connect the camera with the serial port of my computer. I need to connect it to the IEEE 1394 (Firewire) port to get the video date for cutting.

Go to your 'windows/inf' directory and find 'msdv.inf.1' and 'msdv.pnf.1'. Remove the '.1' from both filenames and try your firewire port again.

I've found this help in the net but my files weren't renamed and so it's senseless. I've also changed my TexasInstruments driver to the msdv (Microsoft) driver. Nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back