Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cant connect Bluetooth to Avaya 9641GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevanteWeary

Systems Engineer
Jan 24, 2022
US
Hello,

We're on CM v8.1.3.1 using Avaya 9641GS phones that we just got in.

All using h.323.

I go to the settings on the phone and can pair my Samsung Galaxy Buds but when I click connect, it won't.
It just says failure connecting.

I've tried Buds+ and Buds Pro.

I also tried the bluetooth mode of one of our Plantronic headsets.

I looked around and the closest thing I could see might the problem is that the J100 wireless module states bluetooth is not available for h.323.
However that's for an entirely different phone.

So I was wondering is there any special trick to get this working? Or something I might have looked over?

Thank you for any help!

Try your 46xx file
########### BLUETOOTH SETTINGS ##############
##
## BLUETOOTHSTAT specifies whether the user is given an option to enable Bluetooth.
## Value Operation
## 0 Bluetooth is disabled and the user is not given an option to enable it
## 1 The user is given an option to enable Bluetooth (default)
## This parameter is supported by:
## J100 SIP R4.0.0.0 and later (J179 only), J189 SIP R4.0.6.1 and later
## Avaya Vantage Devices SIP R1.0.0.0 and later; Up to R1.0.0.0 build 2304 (excluded), default is 0 and shall remain 0 (disabled) as BLUETOOTH is not officially supported.
## from build 2304 and later Bluetooth is officially supported as described in the parameter description.
## 96x1 SIP 7.0.0 and later
## 96x1 H.323 R6.2 and later
## H1xx SIP R1.0 and later
## SET BLUETOOTHSTAT 0

Thanks for the reply.

We do have that option set. I believe that option is to allow the ability to toggle bluetooth in the first place.

My issue is that bluetooth is enabled and even paired to the various headsets, but will not actually connect.

9641GS Bluetooth only supports basic headset profile (not handsfree) so may not work with more current Bluetooth devices.

After more research, I think you're right.

Here's a message I sent to a co-worker:

My best guess is these phones aren't like regular phones where any bluetooth will work, but rather they have to be H.323 compatible headsets. The bluetooth module for the more modern phones say that.

That site shows: Integrated Bluetooth headset support (H.323 only)
I guess this is an example of an H.323 bluetooth headset:

The J100 Wireless is more current and does support Handsfree mode. But as you pointed out, it only works with SIP software - not H.323 - on a J100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back